Hummingbird Networks has long been proud to serve as Cisco Certified Partners, so we're happy to tell you about a new initiative from Cisco that might lead you to rethink Cisco networking!
If you've wanted a Cisco switch, but thought it wasn't in your budget, the new Cisco Refresh program may be just what you need.
Cisco Refresh turns the entire concept of refurbished Cisco equipment on its head, to create new pathways towards high-end networking that are accessible to even smaller businesses. With this, you get 100% of the advantages of Cisco switch ownership, but at far lower prices.
How Cisco Refresh Changes The Refurbished Equipment Game
It's easy to think of routers and switches as equipment that's owned by the company, and to a certain extent this is true. The network hardware is yours to do with as you please. However, in more and more cases, the equipment is later traded in for credit towards the next round of upgrades, somewhat like a rental.
If it's still in working condition, it can be resold to smaller companies on a budget. So why hang onto old hardware when it has trade-in value?
This has created a constant flow of pre-owned equipment into Cisco's refurbishing department and Cisco Certified labs. Cisco Refresh leverages this cycle of trade-ins by removing virtually all distinctions between new and pre-owned hardware, offering last-gen or current-gen Cisco products at substantial discounts.
There are plenty of advantages to the refurbished Cisco switch program:
- 100% guaranteed hardware and support. In terms of what you're getting as a customer, there is simply no difference. You can get the same Cloud offerings, the same service plans, and the same SmartNET access.
- Top-grade hardware. This isn't simply End-of-Life or last-generation hardware being clearanced. Even the newest models will quickly come back as businesses' needs change and exchanges are made.
- Complete peace-of-mind. Previously, buying refurbished Cisco switches could be a dicey proposition, depending on who you buy through. With Cisco switches, you're getting 100% Cisco Certified products with the exact same warranty as new products.
- Incremental network expansions. The money saved from remanufactured Cisco options can often allow you to begin investing in your next-generation technologies now, on a piece-by-piece basis.
- Mix new and old. This isn't an either\or option. Depending on your needs, you can freely purchase either Cisco New or Cisco Certified Refresh in whatever mixtures are right for your network.
- High hardware availability. While there's always a chance a particular item will be out-of-stock or wait-listed, Cisco's high volumes mean that Refresh will usually be an option no matter what equipment you're interested in.
It's really that simple. Cisco Refresh means the exact same hardware, with the exact same quality guarantees, but it costs a lot less.
What it boils down to is this: There are plenty of networking products that Hummingbird Networks is happy to recommend to our customers. There are less-expensive options that can serve the needs of small-to-medium sized business quite well.
Invest In Your Network's Future
But if a business asks us "What brand can ensure we won't have to migrate to a new architecture in the near future?" the one and only answer we can give is Cisco.
Cisco is used almost universally by the biggest organizations in the world. Cisco is consistently one of the leading innovators in new network technologies. Cisco sets the standard for scalability with systems that can cope with the largest networks built by man.
In short, Cisco is the networking provider you can never outgrow.
With the certified remanufactured Cisco, it's easier and more affordable than ever for small-to-medium sized businesses to standardize early on the most widely-adopted networking platform in the world. Virtually every major enterprise turns to Cisco, sooner or later.
Why not jump onboard now?
Contact Hummingbird Networks today for more details on the Cisco Certified Refresh program and the potential savings it could bring to your network upgrades.